Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A Couple of Things...

We have been blessed with a busy, exciting week. My brother Brinson came to visit, and we had a great time. He arrived last Tues. night, quite late, so I was already asleep. James graciously picked him up. The boys went shooting one day in between James's work and work (subbing and night school). He was pretty busy all of last week! It was great to have Brinson here to hang out, talk, play with the kids, and do fun things together. We took a trip to Walmart to get some goodies for our trip to Rexburg, went to Table Rock to see the great view of Boise, and went on our favorite greenbelt in Nampa. It was pretty awesome to have such nice weather.

We left for Rexburg on Saturday morning, because James had to work night school on Friday. It was a nice drive. We stopped once to keep everyone's sanity (mostly Joseph's) and so I could feed baby boy. It was an uneventful trip, which is good. I hung out at my in-laws' house on Saturday while James and Brinson went with Jacob to do some paintballing for his prom date. Apparently, prom dates in Rexburg are pretty epic!

Sunday, we blessed Kenny. A whole bunch of family came over to lunch afterward, which was super yummy. Yes, I relaxed my "vegetarian" standards for the weekend. My in-laws don't know that I'm doing it, but I'm back on track for another couple of weeks. I don't think it ruins the experiment, because it's not like I was actually craving meat. I just don't want to be an inconvenience to anyone.

We traveled back on Monday after a nice visit in the morning and goodbyes to everyone leaving for school. It was a nice trip back. James worked at 4 and made it just in time. Our car even got 40 mpg. I hope it never ever dies, needless to say.

Brinson left today after trying his first Big Jud's burger in Boise. Yep, they've got one here, and it's just as legit as the one in Rexburg. Joseph really chowed down on fries and ice cream, and he was really sad to see Brinson leave. He cried a little. He had such a great time playing with Brinson. It was sad to see him so upset.

Well, it's back to business. Hopefully I will have some exciting news in a few days. Needles to say, we might know where we're going in the fall...I will keep everyone posted! (No, it's probably not where you think!) Please pray for us, because we're freakin' out just a little bit... :)

Oops...no pictures. I need to get better at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment