Thursday, May 3, 2012

Peace and Quiet

It's quiet now. Both boys are asleep, and the hum of the dishwasher reassures me that my house is indeed clean, at least temporarily. It was a little bit of a sad day. I wanted to go on a walk this morning, but it was raining. Instead, I decided to tackle an organizing project. I lied when I said there weren't any more to do. There was one that had been nagging me for quite a while: the big pile of school papers, binders, and notebooks from James's entire college experience. He doesn't know it yet, but everything is now organized into dividers, folders, etc. to the best of my knowledge. (I didn't take most of those classes, after all.) All that remains is the possibility of further organization and purging of needless papers, but I lack the knowledge to do so for him. Oh well. 

The really sad part is that I saw James for about 1 minute between jobs. He subbed at an elementary school, got blocked by buses when trying to come home, and was a little late for his night security job at 4. He was home long enough to grab food and leave. :( Tomorrow, there's no security, just a sub job! That means he will be home for the evening. 2 more weeks of night school! I can't wait. As much as I like watching Mythbusters, it gets repetitive after a while. Plus, I don't like doing any "work" after nap time (3:00 and on) but that's when James is gone most days. It just doesn't work for how my daily energy level goes. Oh well. 2 more weeks...

On the bright side, my brother Brinson is coming next week to visit. I'm sure that the time will pass quickly. Now that Kenny is going on a month old, we can go OUT! I can't wait to go to all of church on Sunday, especially Relief Society. I've missed it sooo much. After Sunday, all I need to add back in my life are exercise and piano practice. Joseph has been asking for "Don?" (songs) but I just haven't been in the mood. Life with a new baby sure does change things, but it's definitely a good adjustment. Kenny is an awesome baby, and he's not any more difficult to take care of than Joseph was, who was much better than I expected. I am truly blessed. Now, we'll see how the terrible twos play out. Coming soon on May 30th!

No comments:

Post a Comment