Friday, May 18, 2012

Other Things of Note This Week

Other things of note this week:

I can work out again! Well, I technically could before, but I just started on Thursday: Kenny's 6 week mark. I have about 7 inches and 7 lbs. to lose before I get my "pre-babies" body back. I actually did get there after Joseph, so I know it can be done! (This is allowing just few extra inches and lbs. for nursing a baby...those aren't about to go away.)

Kenny has the most amazing, cute little smile. I can't get it on camera yet. Little stinker.

I went to a play group at the park. We had a little picnic, and I was taken back to my elementary school days. See, my mom always sent me with a simple, homemade snack. The one that comes to mine is saltines with peanut butter. All the other kids had "cool" snacks like little bags of chips, Fruit Rollups, and juice boxes. I got 30 cents to buy a carton of milk with my snack. I felt like such a weirdo. I guess I still do sometimes. Joseph and I ate plain cheese quesadillas on corn tortillas (thanks to the tortilla warmer!), apple slices, and water. The other moms had brought PB & J, crackers, juice, and some fruit to share. I think Joseph devoured at least 3X as much fruit as the other kids, because I never limit him on how much he can eat. So yes, I felt like a weirdo health nut. It happens on occasion, especially when someone finds out how much (or what) I cook and eat on a regular basis. Oh well. Maybe I'll get used to that feeling, because I don't plan on changing the way I do things, even when we have more money and can afford "cool" food.

We're going to start getting a Bountiful Basket about every other week. I am confident that we can use the whole thing ourselves. I'm going to wait until 2 weeks from now, because I didn't get one this week and don't want to throw off my shopping schedule. I will definitely be looking forward it, because I feel like I need some more variety.

2 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to try bountiful baskets and just not doing it. I need to! And I hear you on the weirdo health nut thing. By the way, I've discovered that pupusas (with lots of filling but no topping) make fantastic picnic food. I pull 'em off the griddle and wrap 'em in foil and so they're not warm by lunchtime, but not cold either (room temperature really). I've taken bean and cheese pupusas to a couple of different things lately and it's worked great. And yes, I've felt like an odd but very happy health nut as I ate them while everyone else gorged on PB&J. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sacha I am so glad we can stay connected through our blogs -yay!! And honey, I am right there with you! Staying healthy is way more important than the cheapo (meaning junky for your body) food! So hold your head and fruit and veggies up high! Last summer when we would go to the beach for playgroups my friends thought it was extremely awesome that Des was snacking on cherry tomatoes and boiled eggs...while their kiddos just had chips and juice and cookies!
    Oh and we loved bountiful baskets, loved the variety and it forced me to look up and try fun new recipes so that I could use my produce and not throw it away or we would just wash and cut it up to snack on --again way better than snacking on a bag of chips and worth washing and prepping! :) Plus WAY tastier!
    xo!

    ReplyDelete