Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Trip to Vernal (Lots of Pictures Included!)

It's been a long 3 days.

We left on Monday and drove to Spanish Fork to stay with James's Aunt Michelle. It was an uneventful but really long trip. 6.5 hours took 8 because of baby feedings, and he would not go longer than 2 hours between feedings!

We drove from Spanish Fork to Vernal and back the next day. I think it's the most gorgeous country I've ever seen, because I thought I was on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. I had only ever seen I-15 Utah, not the uninhabited parts. Driving into Vernal was actually pretty breathtaking. It's a beautiful little town in a pretty valley. It doesn't seem as small as I thought it would. James got to sign some papers and check out his school. We had a little picnic in the park, which was really nice, and then looked around a little bit for housing. We have a few pages' worth of places to call/look at. There is really no ghetto in Vernal, so that's good too. Getting somewhere to live is not going to be a problem. It just won't be cheap, and we might even be forced to upgrade to something nicer/bigger. Oh well... :)

We left from Spanish Fork the next morning and checked out the Bean Museum at BYU. It's pretty awesome! Then, it was on to Pleasant Grove to Cindy's house for lunch. It was much too short of a visit...I miss you, Cindy!

The drive home was a lot better than the drive down. We only stopped twice, not three times. Kenny was less fussy, and Joseph discovered the delights of Angry Birds, one of the few games that will restart for you so you don't have to push any special buttons. That makes it very toddler-friendly!

It was technically Joseph's birthday yesterday. He did get his favorite breakfast: doughnuts. We're celebrating tonight when his Grandma Head and a couple of her kids (Aunts & Uncles!) get here. I made some chocolate cupcakes with epic chocolate frosting. (Isn't it nice that Joseph can't choose what kind of cake he wants yet, so I get to choose for him?) It's been pretty busy today just catching up on housework and getting ahead all at the same time, but it's all good.

at the park in Vernal

Vernal Jr. High

first Slurpee EVER!

the Vernal temple

the view

sweet rocks

more view

smiley boy

Don't eat Joseph!
I'll post a special post for Joseph's birthday once the celebrations have happened and the family has gone home. Sorry, Joseph, but you aren't the one reading this anyway! :)

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely going to come visit you in Vernal sometime! I miss you too! After you guys left I told Mahon, man, I miss the Heads! ;) I still wish James had gotten hired in Utah Valley. How could would that have been??? Oh, and I totally had intended to make a cupcake or something for Joseph at lunch and then completely spaced it. Oops! I'm glad you guys got home okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was your first slurpee ever!? Congrats :) Thanks for the Vernal updates. You'll have to post pictures when you find out where you'll be living.

    ReplyDelete