Monday, April 30, 2012

Well...

I feel like a rather terrible mom right now. Why is bedtime the hardest time of day? I'm sure it has something to do with putting a toddler to bed who really misses Daddy (who is working evenings for another 3 weeks) and trying to get a newborn on a semi-schedule. It seems that every day is different, but bedtime is still hard. Kenny never has a problem going back to sleep in the middle of the night, but he fights going down a little bit, and with James gone, I just don't want to cluster feed every hour. (I want to be online, or reading a book, or anything else, really!) But this too, shall pass.

Friday and Saturday we watched a mini series called Neverland. It was actually pretty good, though not something I'd go out and buy. It was entertaining and relatively clean. It tells the "before" story of Peter Pan, though not the same story found in Peter and the Star Catchers. 4 hours of a mini series? Not bad for the price of only 1 Redbox movie.

Our luck wasn't as good with yard sales this weekend. Joseph was very grumpy. For some reason, he's completely obsessed with basketballs and hoops, and every time we drive by one, he gets all excited and wants to go play basketball. (By the way, there are only about a million of those in suburbia!) Never mind that this not even 3 foot tall toddler would never make a basket. Heck, I don't make baskets very easily, only when I get lucky.

We went on a walk to check out more of Nampa's greenbelts. We've been to at least part of all of them now. I still like the one by our house the best. It has the perfect blend of shade, wildlife, and rich people's backyards.

Sunday was pretty relaxing despite my giving a talk and a lesson. Both went well, and I really wasn't very nervous. Still, it's good to have the talk out of the way. It was a beast to find the time to prepare it. My heart goes out to any mom trying to get through school! Writing one talk is like a short paper, and that's the only assignment I did last week...

James's dad suggested blessing Kenny when we go to Rexburg in 2 weeks for Kenneth's wedding reception (yes, the guy we named Kenny after!). It won't be Fast Sunday, but it will be Mother's Day. :) It will only be my 2nd as a mother, because I was 37 weeks pregnant 2 years ago.

Despite bedtime, I really do love having a newborn again. Sure, there are tons of diapers and feedings, but he's just so darn cute. He's starting to get pretty chunky, too. Life is a little more complicated than it was, but things will get easier with time. Poor Joseph is a little jealous that I don't spend as much time with him. I'm trying to think of how to do that, but I'm never going to be able to give him my undivided attention again. He loves his brother, but I don't think he really understands yet that he hasn't been replaced, and that I still love him! Poor little guy.

2 comments:

  1. I always think of the time from 5pm to bedtime as "the witching hour." Kids are cranky, Mom is cranky, everyone is at everyone else's throats. I think bedtime is just always tough. I hope James can be off nights soon so he can help you out with that!

    I've actually seen "Neverland" in Redbox once or twice and wondered if it was any good. I'll have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Sacha, you are an awesome mom. P.s There is a show that you guys might enjoy. Its called "The Amazing Race". And you can watch it for free online. Just Google it and it should come up.

    ReplyDelete