Monday, April 16, 2012

Twice the Fun

I think I can safely say that I'm past the weepy stage of recovery! Hurrah! There's nothing worse than the first week of being home, really, because everything is a bigger deal than it should be. Plus, there's the cute little stranger that you're not quite used to who keeps waking you up in the middle of the night.

Kenny is doing really well. He has his PKU lab today and now weighs 8 lbs. He sleeps for 2-3-4 hours at a time. 4 hours at night is AWESOME. I don't think Joseph did that until he was at least a couple of weeks old. I like it. I really don't mind getting up 3X a night, because I get enough sleep not to need a nap. I'm plenty tired by the end of the day, so I crash at 10:00! That's not really anything new, though, because I'd been doing that during pregnancy already. We are sort of settling into a routine. James is subbing a couple days this week. Night school is from 4-9 Mon. through Thurs. I really miss him in the evenings, because he's only every been gone during the day before, pretty much ever since we've been married. It's an adjustment, but night school only goes for another 5 weeks, and then I can have him back in the evenings. Who's counting, though?

I look forward to being able to take Kenny out in public. We've been on some beautiful walks and to the dr. a couple of times for checkups, but it gets a little old being limited in what we can do.  I've been to Sacrament meeting in a different ward for 2 weeks now, so the next 2 weeks I will go to my own ward, give my talk, and teach the class that I've never met. I'll admit that I have some anxiety over teaching 16-18 year olds. I was horrible at that age.

Spring in Nampa = perfection.


on the Boise greenbelt
So life continues on. Everything is still very uncertain about the fall. I really hope to stay here, but I guess we'll see. It's fun having 2 boys so far. Though Kenny doesn't do a whole lot besides sleep and eat, he's starting to be awake for a little while each day. I like looking at him and trying to figure out who he'll become. It's been an adventure to see Joseph grow up into a little boy, so I'm excited that I'm doing it again. I'd definitely forgotten just how angelic a newborn is and how cute it is to see one stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment