Friday, April 27, 2012

It's a Good Day

I feel really optimistic today. It hasn't been the easiest or shortest week, but I have a lot to be happy about!

1. A clean house. Since Friday is vacuum/laundry day, it makes everything seem really clean, even if it doesn't last long. Joseph has already destroyed the living room. :)

2. Kenny's double chin: a sure sign that he's getting enough to eat!

3. 4-hour stretches of sleep at night. There's a big difference between having to wake up 2 or 3 times. 2 times = a pretty normal day. 3 times = a slightly tired and on edge day.

4. Kenny's 1st real bath this week. He smells so good (for the moment)!

5. The fact that Kenny knows the difference between night and day. That's such a blessing in itself. He's actually been awake some during the last few days. It's exciting.

6. Pacifiers. Whoever invented them was a genius.


7. Good food. I've really lucked out on Pinterest this week and have found several really tasty, meatless meals that are easy and cheap. I've gone without meat for 5 days now, and I don't miss it at all. It's not that I don't like it; I just don't crave it when I'm not eating it. I'll report more on that later.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the pacifiers. As long as your kids like them, that is!

    I want to know what meals you've tried & liked! I've eaten almost no meat lately. I told my mom the other day the only thing stopping me from going compeltely vegetarian is my love of fajitas. ;) Meat and I have NOT been friends lately... it's been making me sick! I would be happy to live off of beans forever.

    ReplyDelete