Sunday, March 6, 2016

Articles of Faith #3

 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

The Atonement is one of the most important parts of the Gospel. I have faith in Jesus Christ because I know He is the perfect example to follow. As I make my life like His, I find true happiness. I am trying to change my heart (repent) every day to be closer to God. Since what I do is never enough, His grace makes up the difference. Forgiveness is also important for my happiness. When I do not forgive, I endure unnecessary pain. I know that I will live again one day because Jesus Christ conquered death. His Atonement is also infinite. It covers every trial, pain, and sorrow that I will ever expereince, whether by my own sin, someone else's, or the fact that we are living mortal lives. I am most grateful that the Atonement makes right everything about life that is unfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment