Thursday, March 10, 2016

My Girl

For my divine nature project, I decided to learn how to do Katie's hair. I used to do the same ponytail every single day, and there were days I left it in for 2, resulting in somewhat unkempt hair. I have never been very good at coming up with hairstyles on my own, so I used Pinterest to find some easy ideas.

I was surprised at how everything has turned out. Katie used to hate having her hair done, but now she loves it. She is always excited to show her brothers what her hairdo of the day is. And, she puts in specific requests on what hairstyle she'd like. She chooses pigtails more than anything else.

I feel that my relationship with her has improved. Between doing her hair and having to put lotion on her, she gets a good amount of one-on-one time. That can be hard to find, but she demands it anyway. In some ways, I feel that we don't always get along because of how alike we are. I'm grateful to be her mom and teacher. I always want her to know that no matter what her hair looks like, she is a beautiful daughter of God.

Another plus: I have gotten a lot better at French braiding. :)

1st French braid - not so good

flipped ponytail

sock bun

pigtails!

side twist with curls - Sunday favorite


No comments:

Post a Comment