Sunday, March 13, 2016

Articles of Faith #4

We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second,Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for theremission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Knowing these basics helps me return to my Heavenly Father. Joseph Smith helped clarify the finer points when he restored the Gospel. We know that faith, shown by our works, saves us because of God's grace. Nothing we do on our own could ever be enough. Repentance is possible because of the Atonement. Baptism is by immersion at age 8. We receive the gift of the Holy Ghost through proper priesthood authority, which was also restored to Joseph Smith.

I am thankful to know the way back to God. I know He is with me always as I walk this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment