Thursday, March 31, 2016

Mom's Visit

Sat.: Mom and Dad arrived in the evening. We hung out for a while before putting the kids to bed.

Sun.: Easter! We went to Church and had a feast of ham, sweet potatoes, asparagus, and banana pudding (100% from scratch) for dessert. Oh, and deviled eggs. We did our Easter FHE so Dad could be involved too.

Mon.: We went to D.I. and said goodbye to Dad. Mom and I took the kids to the rec center while James did his homework for his online class. We then watched When Calls the Heart while I worked on my rug and cutting up things I got from Melodie for future rugs.

Tue.: Normal morning, rec center in the evening. Same afternoon as Mon.

Wed.: Ran a few errands in the morning to the bank, library, bookstore, and recycling. Afternoon was the same as Mon. and Tue. Evening, Mom and I went to the rec center while James stayed with the kids. We picked up some ice cream afterward.

Thu.: Normal morning. I taught Mom how to make liquid soap from bar soap. This is especially handy when you have lots of little hotel soaps.  Since we finished WCTH, we will watch something else this afternoon while I work on my rug and cutting up the last of the stuff I got from Melodie. Tonight, it's the rec center again.

Having Mom visit is so much fun! She loves reading to her grandbabies and spending time with us. Going to the rec center a lot has been great too. Mom loves to swim for exercise, and my kids all love going. It wears them out before they go to bed.

Katie has been a challenge this week, though. I've decided to kick her out of the boys' room and put her in my closet. She is a terrible roommate to her brothers in every way. I don't know why she keeps waking up crying, but it's getting a little old.

No comments:

Post a Comment