Thursday, September 22, 2016

Gloomy

It's been gray and rainy today, not my favorite kind of weather. Thankfully, we don't get a lot of rain. When we do, I feel somewhat ungrateful for not thanking God for the "moisture", but I'm never grateful to have a day where I feel grumpy due to the weather. This will soon pass, though.

Our weather has been nice and cool, so I haven't had to deal with being too hot. Usually that sets in around week 20 and I can't get comfortable unless it's cooler than 70 degrees. I've actually been doing fine, no heartburn yet either. I just feel grouchy sometimes for no particular reason. I manage to sleep pretty well but always have that touch of fatigue. Having a newborn is so much better than being pregnant. Or, that has been true for me 3 times, so I hope the pattern continues.

I feel like I haven't done much this week. The boys had another birthday party last Saturday and yet another one tomorrow. I've been catching up on Call the Midwife - the show and the equally awesome books - in my spare time. There's isn't even anything to organize. Not yet, at least. Once we get another dresser, I will definitely get out all the baby stuff.

I think our car battery is dead, which is lame, but at least batteries are relatively inexpensive. We will get that fixed today and go buy a present for Joseph's friend.

I'm trying to do better at not eating my feelings. So far, I am doing okay. One day soon, I hope, I am going to learn how to deal with the gloom without eating ice cream. (The fact that it upsets my stomach isn't enough to stop me, unfortunately.) This is going to be a bigger deal during the winter. I almost always gain 10 lbs. when I'm not pregnant just because I eat when I'm sad. I guess I deal with a lot of fear during pregnancy. After all, there are about a million things that can go wrong.

To end on a happy note, James passed his mosquito abatement tests and we got the Geog. endorsement stuff (or at least part of it) sent off! Two fewer things for me to worry about in the coming week. Also, next week is the last week of mosquito abatement until April! It will be so great to have James home in the afternoons, and we shouldn't have any more days in the next  6 months where he doesn't see the kids at all. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment