Thursday, September 29, 2016

Perfect Timing

Last Saturday, I got to go to the RS dinner and broadcast. It was really great to hang out with friends and listen to inspiring messages. I got home in time for James to chaperone the Homecoming dance. He took Katie for the first 30 minutes so she could see the "princesses". She really loved it and is still talking about it almost a week later.

The Primary program was all right on Sunday. The kids didn't jump right in on their parts, so they got help, but oh well. It was cute to see them all wearing matching scarves and bow ties. I had 11 kids in Primary that day, which I think is too many for one teacher. I think I'm going to request that they split my class. I have the CTR 6 and 7 classes, so it shouldn't be too hard.

We had a fun FHE on Monday since James wasn't working late. We took the kids to the park and got ice cream afterward. (Just what I need, right?) Actually, I have been doing a lot better about not stuffing my face when I'm feeling emotional. I suspect it will be a lifelong battle but that it will hopefully get easier.

Today was one of those days that really did work out well. I was able to get the whole lawn mowed right before it starting raining. I also took the kids shopping and was only 30 minutes late taking a nap. I also have the perfect amount of time right now before Joseph gets home and my piano lesson starts (if she shows up, which may or may not happen.) The money finally showed up in our HSA, so I was able to make payments on our medical bills. It really feels like they will never go away, but I know they will in time.

It is James's last day of mosquito abatement! I am so excited! It's been really rough having him gone. He didn't get home till after 9 on Tues. and Wed. (and probably will today too.) The extra hours alone with the kids really wear me down, both physically and mentally. It's no fun to put them to bed alone and then hang out all by myself. I have been able to stay busy to fight the loneliness. The kids and I have watched almost all the episodes of Good Eats on Netflix, and I think today we will make a trip to the library.

Tomorrow should be a lot of fun. We are going to Joseph's school carnival, and then Saturday and Sunday are Conference! I can't wait to sit back and listen to more inspiring messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment