Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Routines

I definitely love my routines. This past week has been no exception. I've been thinking a lot about how grateful I am to stay at home with my children. It is definitely a sacrifice, but I love it, even though it is stressful and boring all at the same time. :)

I've been feeling the baby kick a lot. I have started calling him by his name since we've had it picked out for a long time. Lewis Wade Head. Lewis kind of comes from two places: Lewis and Clark, and the cute little blond boy in Meet the Robinsons. Wade is a family name from my side. My dad and brother both have it for a middle name. It was actually the name of a slave who remained with the family (the Brinson branch on my paternal grandmother's side) after the Civil War, even though he could have left. I think it's such a cool story. Many men have used the middle name Wade since then.

Myles, Mara, and Carmel are coming into town today on their way back to BYU-I. It will be great to hang out with them tomorrow and go to the ward party. Of course that is a change from my normal weekly Thursday routine, but it is a welcome one. When siblings come to visit, it always feels like a party.

As for other goals, I have been working a lot on trying new recipes. I guess I've just been in the mood. I am really excited to publish a post soon about Asian food. I'm at the point where I can cook all my favorites at home, which makes me very happy. If I could only have one cuisine to eat for the rest of my life, it would definitely be Chinese. Add some ice cream in there (not that I need it!) and I'd be very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment