Friday, June 10, 2011

The Perfect Summer Day

Summer is finally here in Rexburg...sort of. Summer here is more of an event to be celebrated rather than the full-blown season (though there is still plenty of blowing going on!).

My perfect summer day would go something like this...

The weather? About 80 degrees, little humidity and partly cloudy with a light breeze. I'd wake up nice and late and head to the beach with the family. I'd find great parking (for free!) and enjoy the day by getting sunburned and sandy. Before leaving, I'd be lucky enough to get a warm shower! And somehow, I would manage to get all the sand off of my feet before getting back in the car (because is there really a grosser feeling than that?)

We'd keep our tradition by getting a few dozen hot Krispy Kremes. Then, I'd spend the evening relaxing outside on the front porch swing, sipping some lemonade and just hanging out. It would still be reasonably warm, so I would NOT need a jacket! (Dang Idaho desert.) If it cooled off enough, maybe we'd make some s'mores and have a campfire.

But I live in Idaho. There is no beach, no air conditioning on the few hot days, and no chance of getting a hot Krispy Kreme. When the end of July comes, then NC, here we come!

1 comment: