Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Traditions, Traditions

I love traditions.

Before having my own family, I had no idea how much traditions are the life and soul of a family. There are  spiritual traditions that we've been commanded to have, like prayer and scriptures, but there's still a ton of leeway in how we can get those things done. Most of our traditions have to do with food, but I think I'll share them. (Though for anyone who knows me, it shouldn't surprise you that our traditions revolve around food!)

Valentine's Day: going to a dance
Anniversary (coming up this weekend!): eating the breakfast buffet at JB's
Halloween: dinner in a pumpkin
Christmas Eve: clam chowder in bread bowls
New Year's Day: black-eyed peas

I guess if you think about it, traditions have to do with nourishment. Whether spiritually or physically, they nourish a family. Once we have more (older) kids, I look forward to establishing even more traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment