Thursday, June 23, 2011

Success

I've often wondered about the meaning of success. For my life to have been successful, this is what I want to do/have (in no particular order) by the time I die...

1. Really good health. Basically, I'll eat my vegetables so I don't become one.

2. Raise happy kids. When they leave home, I hope that it's a place that they'll miss.

3. Be a good wife and homemaker.

4. Live the Gospel to the best of my ability and teach my kids by my example.

5. Develop as many talents as I have time for, and use them to bless others. I've learned the hard way that talents left unshared really do get "buried".

I think that the world's definition of success is nice, but so much less fulfilling than what I've been sent here for.  I'm grateful that the Lord has taken care of our family in so many ways.

Families are forever!

1 comment:

  1. What a great list of goals. :) I especially love this line - "When they leave home, I hope that it's a place that they'll miss." That is EXACTLY how I feel about it.

    ReplyDelete