Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Things I Just Don't Get

1. Competition. Someone always ends up feeling like a loser. In P.E., that was always me. Out of 3 classes, I'd always be the next to last to finish the mile. I could tell lots of embarrassing stories about P.E., but I think I'll spare myself the humiliation.

2. Reality TV. James jokes that I'll have my own cooking show one day. I doubt it. I hate being the center of attention. I don't like the fact that even cooking shows on TV are competitive, and the criticism is just cruel at times.

3. Why do some people think it's cool to be weird? I don't mean just a little bit, I mean too weird to function around most people. Um, if you don't get along with 99% of people, shouldn't you change instead of spending your whole life defending your weirdness?

4. Why do some people think it's cool to avoid everything popular? Just because it's popular, it doesn't mean that it's not of value. Not to say that I like everything that's popular, but I wouldn't say that I'm "proud" of the things that I dislike.

5. Running. I love to exercise...usually...but I can't see why running is so great. I was forced to do it for a semester and learned to tolerate it, but I never got a wonderful feeling out of it, even though I tried. And by the end of the semester, I was still slow!

6. PB & J. First off, I don't understand why most jams have more sugar than fruit. Also, who decided to combine the two? As tasty as they are, aren't they more of a dessert? I'd rather eat Nutella and just call it a snack.

How about you? What's something that just don't get?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the people who avoid everything that is popular. They think they are just not wanting to conform, but they are non-conforming-conformists. They conform with everyone else like them haha.

    ReplyDelete