Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend

I love inexpensive dates. James and I went mini golfing, which we are both terrible at. I don't know what my final score was. Since we are both have about half of the ability of an average mini golfer, I think it's good that we got buy one get one free. :)

We then got buy one get one free ice creams (well, yogurt) at Millhollow. I don't know why I didn't get the smallest size! It was tough for me to eat the whole 8 oz. cup when I'm used to about half of that. Either way, I love frozen yogurt, though I'd say that regular, good quality ice cream is my favorite (take that, custard fans!).

And then...we found the haunted swingset! I was surprised at how creepy it actually was. Rexburg feels like the middle of nowhere, but drive 5 miles out on Poleline Rd., and you can't even see the town anymore! Yeah. We would have stayed longer, but I was cold. Go figure.

I transplanted some tomatoes into our other half of the garden. Gardening has been pretty easy, since I didn't do any of the setting up of the beds. We've enjoyed as many green onions as we can possibly eat. The carrots are slowly growing, and now we will have cherry tomatoes (though they technically are the family's plants, so we will just have a few.)

Summer is finally here! I have to admit, I'd really love to live in the South again when James goes to grad school. The nights here are just cold in the summer, which work fine, but it's hard to think that it's a nice summer evening when I'm freezing my behind off. I sort of resent having to wear a jacket when going out at night. It just doesn't seem right. I'd really love a place with a nice, LONG growing season, not the 3 months we get...if we're lucky. But I guess we'll see!

Lucky me, I get to play the piano in Primary till mid-August. I will have to put my nose to the grindstone, because we will be doing 3-4 new songs every week! That's a little bit intense, but it's been going well so far. I just have to practice, practice, practice!

Joseph's sleep re-training took only one, horrible night. Phew! It was terrible that he cried for 2 hours, but I didn't give in and get him a bottle. Since then, he's been sleeping all night again. I'm such a wimp when it comes to missing out on sleep. I like my sleep. And an 8 hour block is SO nice. :)

I still can't believe that I technically have a toddler! Time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment