Monday, March 21, 2011

I Spoke too Soon...

Just yesterday morning, I was talking to my father-in-law on the phone as he was coming back from Ecuador. "Joseph might have a little cold," I said, "But I've been lucky and am the only one in the house not to get sick this year!"

Boy, was I in for a surprise. Turns out that James's food poisoning was a contagious stomach bug. I had a headache during church but didn't think much of it. I always get one from dehydration. I felt unusually tired when I got home. After dinner, I felt terrible. I went upstairs to talk to my family, and soon I felt like I was going to throw up. (Worst feeling in the entire world!) I ended up doing just that twice before I went to bed. If only I'd been able to sleep...

Joseph woke me up about 4 times. The only problem is that I didn't fall asleep at all until 4 a.m. Needless to say, it was a very long night. Today, I'm just sitting on my behind and doing nothing. That's hard for me to do, but I am very dehydrated and am still nursing a baby. Even on a good day, it's tough to get enough to drink. I haven't been hungry at all, so I've just been drinking and lying around. No shower even, because I feel really weak and don't think I can stand up that long. But nobody get worried! I'm already feeling much better and expect to be back to normal tomorrow.

We went to Guitars Unplugged on Saturday, and it was very enjoyable. The show was entertaining. I always love the commercials in between. They showed lots of clips of things from the 90's when we were kids. Fun stuff.

And a random fact: Most roses in the US are shipped from Ecuador. When I woke up this morning, there was a huge bouquet just for me! I would take a picture, but I'm feeling too lazy. But seriously, I have about 50 bucks worth of roses sitting on my counter. :)

2 comments:

  1. What do his parents do in Ecuador? My dad lives there now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His dad runs OSSO, which is a nonprofit organization that helps with orphanages. You may have heard of it. Lots of college girls go down and volunteer for a few months at a time.

    ReplyDelete