Monday, March 14, 2011

Yes, I'd Love One

A vacation, that is.

Ironically, I hate travelling. I don't mind an hour or so in the car, but even the trip to Utah seems way too long now.

Our last 2 Christmases, we were in the middle of moving. I was also pregnant for one of those. Yuck. Luckily, I know that we will not be moving this year. Yay!

If I could visit anywhere, I'd love to go to a place where they speak Spanish. No specific country in mind, I'd just love to see if my Spanish skills are actually holding up. A place with tasty food would be preferable, and one where I wouldn't get mugged by guerrillas. Just sayin'.

The more I travel, the more I love to just be home. A trip to Idaho Falls is enough right now. Our weather is also incredibly sunny and beautiful, so no need to pine for spring. It's here! The snow is melting! I'll admit, there's not a lot that I LOVE about winter. Or maybe nothing at all...I get so tired of it after a month. How about a white Christmas, and then boom, all the snow can just melt away. For all the people who insist on farmers needing the water, there's a wonderful thing called RAIN. It's like snow, but it's already melted when it comes out of the sky. Imagine that!

My sugar cravings have been constant. Not all the time, but it seems that the times I used to eat the most sugar (like at night), I crave it the most. There's no ice cream or chocolate in my house, but I had to say no to ice cream at my in-laws' last night and cookies the night before. It's tough. I get a headache almost every day, but I'm sure that it's partially from dehydration. It sure is tough to keep up with a nursing baby.

Other than the headaches, I feel really good. Since I've been eating better, I've noticed that my energy level is much more constant throughout the day. My hair is also softer and my skin has cleared up. It's pretty sweet.

I'm giving up wearing makeup, because I don't like to just because society says it makes me look good. No more. I'm tired of having to replace my mascara every few months just so it doesn't get flaky. I bet someone is making a lot of money off of us by not using a better formula that won't do that. Plus, we only started wearing makeup because women of ill repute did it first.

Although, it's really funny to talk about "society" when I live in a Mormon bubble. I don't remember what it's like outside of it until I go there. It's so much different. But for now, I really like this bubble. I don't need to travel far away while abdicating my familial responsibilities just to say that I've had a rest from life. The best things in life happen right here, at home. I'm glad to be here.

3 comments:

  1. You, Miss Sacha, can most definitely make a trip to Idaho Falls...AND find someone who speaks Spanish to see if your skills are holding up. And I"m only 25 minutes from your front door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kira's idea! It sounds like the perfect solution. And just a note on mascara... every few months? I just keep adding water to mine. :) Then again, I don't wear it every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, on the mascara, that's what beauty magazines say. :) But what do they know?

    ReplyDelete