Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Birthday

I had a pretty good birthday. For starters, James made me a delicious breakfast which included nice, crispy bacon. :) I love bacon. I never get tired of it.

I took a day off of Lent so I could have birthday cake. It was delicious, as was the ice cream. I chose a Reese's cake, just like last year. For dinner, I picked Indian curry. It was also very yummy. (We ate downstairs with the family.)

I got a package in the mail from my parents. They sent a quart of hot sauce, some lotion, peanut M & M's, and some pretty earrings. Lotion is definitely a necessity in this desert! James got me all the Harry Potter books (used, from different places) plus a couple of other books. I can never have too many of those either! I also got a Children's Songbook (so no more making copies!), some colorful yarn that I can't wait to use, a pretty red scarf, and some gardening tools for the near future. Well, in two months, I guess...if it ever stops snowing!

We went to Savior of the World after dinner. It was a very moving performance. I cried a little. I don't know what's gotten into me, but I never used to cry about anything of consequence. Oh well, I guess times change.

Speaking of crying, Joseph has been a little bit fussy this week. It turns out that he's getting two more teeth, which means he will have 6. He's starting to climb up on things more. He can't climb stairs or get into standing position, but he can pull himself into a kneeling position. It's only a matter of time....

Well, I guess it's back to business. No more treats till Easter, but I know I can make it. Eating all those treats on my birthday gave me a headache, the first that I've gotten since my week of withdrawals. I can't believe how fast the time is going by. James only has 2 weeks left in this semester. 3 semesters to go! I registered him for the GRE and his Praxis tests the other day...to the tune of 290 dollars. The GRE was even half price! Those people sure make lots of money off of us, but I guess that's business.

I can't wait to see what the future brings. Grad school is creeping up on us and applying will happen before we know it. Who knows where we'll end up? All I know is that I really want to be near some family.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I want a Children's songbook for my birthday too! When I play in Primary I just borrow the libraries for now.

    ReplyDelete