Friday, April 15, 2011

Back in the Day

I went to a Relief Society meeting last night to help tie quilts for the Church's humanitarian aid. I thought to myself that all we needed was a barn-raising, and then it would be complete.

During high school, I often wished that I could go back in day, though not as far as the days of barn-raisings. I wanted to relive childhood, back when everything was simple.
He crawled under here while I was sweeping
the floor. :)

Now that I look at my own child, I don't really want to be a child again. To a child, a little cold equals utter misery. A parent leaving the room is abandonment, and hunger is a terrible thing because you have to wait for someone to feed you. Plus, there's the difficulty in communication. Joseph tries to tell us things, and sometimes we just don't understand what he means. I wonder how much he understands of what we say.

And, of course, there's always the trouble of limited mobility and fine motor skills. It must be terribly frustrating to try to eat something, only to have it fall on the floor.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm grateful to be an adult and a mom! There are so many cute moments with this little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment