Friday, April 8, 2011

Screaming

That's what Joseph is doing. It's not the "I'm hungry" or "I'm hurt" scream. It's the "Pay attention to me 24/7 or I will scream until you do" scream.

It kind of makes me want to scream.

Tonight continues operation "sleep through the night." It's not that getting up 2 times is horrible, but it's been well over a year since I slept 8 hours with no interruptions (minus a handful of lucky times.) Sleep training worked like a charm (only 3 days) to get him to go to bed on his own, and what a wonderful thing that is! Since I know he doesn't need to eat in the middle of the night, here comes the harder part.

I kind of tried it the night before last. (James didn't need to be up early on Thursday). It was terrible. Joseph went to bed at 8. At 11:30 he was awake, but I didn't get up. 5-10 minutes later, with a minimal amount of fussing, he went back to sleep. At 2:30, he fussed about the same, but I felt sorry for him and got up to feed him. That only made his 4:30 waking like torture. I tried ignoring him. He didn't go back to sleep till 5:30, and by then I was hungry, so I had to go eat before going back to bed. Then, he woke up at 6:30 for the day. I don't know why, but he's decided that 6:30 is the new wakeup time (instead of 7:15, which was perfect.)

So here it goes. I'm so glad that James is on spring break this next week. A whole week with no 12-hour days! If this whole deal doesn't work so well for a few days, at least I won't have to feel guilty about James needing to be up early.

I love this little guy, even when he drops my phone into the crack of the chair and tips over my water bottle because he wants to play with the straw...for the thousandth time today!

On an unrelated note, boredom makes me clean things. I guess it was time for spring cleaning today. Having such a small apartment made it pretty easy, but I have my bag of stuff to take to D.I.! (I love getting rid of stuff. Junk is something I don't have room for, no matter how small or big my home is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment