Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dealing With It

Anybody know what causes chronic headaches on the same day of the week? I don't understand why I get them every Sunday.

My poor little baby is sick. I can't think of anything worse than seeing him so uncomfortable. At the same time, it's crazy how well he deals with it. He coughs, fusses a little bit, and then is happy again (until he has to cough again. He has a sore throat, hence the fussing.) As he's crawling around and grinning, it's hard to remember that he's even sick.

I tend to make life harder than it really is. I forget to be grateful for the good moments and instead dwell on painful moments of the past. Or, I get all worked up about things that I anticipate will be difficult in the future. Most of the time, they don't end up half as bad I thought they'd be.

Why is it my nature to do this?  I need to follow the example of my child. When he is healthy, he's happy. I know that he's not going to crawl around in a week bemoaning the fact that he felt miserable this week, nor will he moan about the next 3 colds he will likely get in the next year. He is happy in present, not worrying about the past or future.

I am happy to have such childlike innocence to teach me these things.

2 comments:

  1. Sacha! It's good to see you on here! I can't believe your baby is so old! Last time I saw you, you just found out you were pregnant! Hope you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete