Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mom and Mara's Visit!

Yes, they are still here, but we have done a TON this week, so I've got to report! Hopefully we will get a picture or two before the week is out...

They arrived Saturday night around 10:30. Thankfully, they got an earlier shuttle, so we didn't have to pick them up at 1:00 a.m.

Sunday: Mom went to Primary with me, and we let James go to Priesthood with his friend who just got back from his mission. We had dinner with the Heads, as usual. I did a mini piano recital for Mom and Mara and the family. I was going to do it on Monday, but I wasn't feeling too well and was coughing and had a sore throat (and didn't want to get anyone sick that I'd invited to come!) I messed up a little, but I did okay.

Monday: I was still sick. We kind of hung out for the day since I was feeling pretty tired. I made some whole wheat bread for Mom to try, and she really liked it. After FHE, we watched Tangled, since Mom and Mara hadn't seen it. They really liked it!

Tuesday: Mara helped me plant the carrots and onions in my little garden patch.We went to Devotional in the BYU-Idaho center. It was really good.There was a ward party, an Italian cook-off. I made a chicken alfredo pizza to take. Surprisingly, I won for the best pizza! I got a free buffet for Craigo's and a free dessert from Domino's which looks really tasty. One of the judges (they used the youth) kept telling me that it was the best pizza that she'd every eaten! So yes, I'm going to post the recipe on my blog after I finish this one. I also randomly got some free butter-like 4 pounds- because they were just going to throw it away! Having been recently converted to real butter, I know how expensive it is! Needless to say, I was almost as excited about that as I was about winning a prize! When we got home, we watched Harry Potter 7, which I own edited. :) Gotta love Rexburg.

Wednesday: A book I wanted to read was finally at the library, so we picked that up and walked the loop around Porter Park. Then, we went to Idaho Falls to visit Aunt Pat. We got to meet Juliet's baby, Oliver. He's a cute little guy and sure makes Joseph look huge! Ollie is 6 weeks old, so he was asleep most of the time. Then, we stopped at Winco. Mom really liked the bulk section. She definitely laughed at me for getting excited for strawberries being on sale. What can I say? When you buy certain things in season, that time of year is especially exciting! (We got the strawberries for 1.18 a box too, so we brought home 8 lbs.) Myles came over for dinner, which Mom and Mara cooked.

Thursday: We met Aunt Cheryl, Caitlyn, and Myles at Craigo's for lunch. I used my coupon, so I didn't pay a thing. It was great, as always, even without the dessert pizza. :( Mom and I went to the temple afterward, and Mara just watched Joseph in the waiting room. And Mara's cooking dinner again...as I write this!

Update on my sickness: I am feeling much better! I only skipped working out once this week, and my voice is almost back. It stinks not being able to sing. It's been super nice to have Mom and Mara here, because they give Joseph all the attention that he could possibly want. He's been a really happy boy and took only an hour to warm up to them. Mara especially loves to give him baths.

It's also been fun to do lots of cooking this week. Mara requested a few things that I didn't have on hand, so we made sure to get them at the grocery store while we were there. I've gotten hooked on blender wheat waffles. With honey butter, they are to die for! Mom and Mara have made dinner a couple times, which was nice. Tomorrow, I'm going to teach Mara how to make sushi. We'll have Myles over for dinner again and maybe watch Harry Potter. Mom's probably going to meet up with her old college friend Becky. Hopefully, we will have time to watch HP7 again. I like that movie more every time I see it, and Myles hasn't even seen it yet.

Phew! It's been pretty busy. Thank goodness Joseph is sleeping through the night and his weaning is going very well. I thought he'd be picky, but he takes cow's milk just fine. It's not a big deal to buy whole milk either, because I already do! He's such a delightful boy, and his grandma and aunt sure love him. I'll be sad to see them go...but glad to have my hubby back. I haven't seen much of him all week, since he's been at school.

Well, this weekend is sure to be busy with Easter, but I can't wait! It means that I can eat treats again!

No comments:

Post a Comment