Friday, April 1, 2011

Bookworm

I love to read.

I thought I had grown out of it when I was in college, but I guess my brain was just too full of stuff already to read for fun.

I also thought that I only liked fiction, but that's not true either. If I find a subject I really want to learn about, I could spend all day reading books or articles online.

I find that reading transports me to new worlds. If someone talks to me while I'm reading, I often don't hear them. I have to get back to reality first.

Movies just aren't the same. They don't leave as much to the imagination. There has never been a movie that I've found to be better than the book, although there are lots of great movies out there made from books.

I can't remember when I started reading, but I remember getting in trouble for writing the alphabet on the wall in magic marker. Oops. I guess I didn't realize that no one else knew the alphabet yet, so I couldn't blame it on them.

I love libraries too. The only thing better than a book is a free one. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love to read, but I don't love to read and then analyze. My newest favorites you ask?
    Picture books:
    The boy who cried ninja - Alex Latimar (It really is the ninja's fault!)
    Chalk - Bill Thomson (No printed words and the story is so cute)

    Juvenile - I've started reading the royal diaries series. A group of authors take different princesses and tell about their youth years. They contain some fiction but I love the stories, and they have girls from all over.

    Non-fiction - The 101 most influential people who never lived: They go through characters like Scrooge, Barbie, Dracula and Big Brother. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete