Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Other 5%

Being a mother is a wonderful, amazing experience...95% of the time. Today, I had one of those "other 5%" moments. I say "moment" because there's never a truly bad day. It's the times when we sit down, rant, and have a bad 5 minutes. Joseph fought taking a nap for hours. Really, he just wanted to play, and he doesn't have a real nap schedule yet. I thought I was about to go nuts though, because he kept drifting off to sleep while eating, and then, when I'd put him down, he'd immediately wake up and start wailing. Argh! It's just one of those moments where everything works against me. I've been sick the last few days with a mild sinus infection, but it's never fun to start the day off with a headache and raspy voice. There's nothing that will make a headache worse than having a wailing baby.

But to end on a positive note...

I love that little guy. He has starting laughing recently, and it is the most adorable thing I've ever heard! I think it's like music to my ear. Baby laughs are SO cute. You can't help but be happy when you have such an adorable, happy baby.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog, since Joseph is older than Carli it's like I get a preview of what is in my future. Carli use to do that, screaming thing, soo weird .... But usually the 5 S's help. Heard of them? Swaddle, Side/stomach, shushing, swinging/giggly movements, and sucking. They have been a life saver and help me feel like I know what I'm doing.
    If Justin and I ever come back to Rexburg I'll try to let you know when, I'd love to meet cute lil Joseph.

    ReplyDelete