Sunday, August 29, 2010

Oh, the Irony

Yesterday I wrote about what a beautiful morning. It turned out to be quite an ironic day. Here's why.

We dropped off Joseph to Grandma's house so she could watch him. Then, we headed to the temple. I was certain that my cold was gone by this point, but I was wrong! I started coughing almost uncontrollably after 10 minutes in the session. It's a good thing I had a cough drop, or I wouldn't have made it through. Also, the lady was nice enough to let me get a drink of water. My cough drop ran out right near the end, so I was okay. I just felt bad for anyone sitting near me. I tried really hard to not cough all over them!

As we exited, the clear, sunny day had turned into a downpour of cold rain. Yuck. We quickly ran to our car, only to discover a flat tire! I just about laughed at this point. It was like something out of a movie. We put the spare tire on, drove to the tire place, and got the tire repaired. Luckily, it was free. Our prayer that the rain would stop worked! The rain slowed down quite a bit, so I told James we should just get out in the rain and get started on changing the tire. (It's like the story of the children of Israel stepping into the Jordan before it parted, you know?) Not 5 minutes later, the rain went away and the sun came out.

I thought the day would be normal at this part, but no. I was going to take dinner to a girl I know, but she wasn't home when I went to take it the first time. We also got a phone call telling us that the wedding reception we were going to go to got cancelled--the poor bride got sick. Luckily, the girl I was taking dinner to called me back and she got her dinner. If we had gone to the reception, I likely would've missed that call.

To make a long story short...we decided to go use up these tokens we'd gotten for free at the arcade in the Craze. It was a ton of fun, and we redeemed our tickets to get some candy. The day turned out absolutely nothing like we'd expected, but it was still very good. I think that the Lord was really looking out for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment