Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mesa Falls (Joseph's First Trip) and Father's Day

At two weeks, I took Joseph on his first "trip". (He may have gone to the grocery store once by then. I don't remember). Mesa Falls is the most gorgeous part of Idaho I've ever seen, not that I'm the authority on the whole state, but still. I think anyone would agree that forested mountains in the summertime with rushing waterfalls are quite beautiful. I went to the falls with James's family. It's too bad he couldn't come, but he was working.

By this point, Joseph was settled into a more consistent eating schedule, though, mind you, it still isn't entirely predictable. I am extremely grateful that he knew the different between night and day from the very beginning! What a wonderful baby he is. He had his first doctor's appointment, which was fairly uneventful. Also, James gave him his first bath! I put him in charge of that, since I have to do all the feeding and a lot of the diaper changes (but when James is home...beware!)

At three weeks, Joseph finally started accumulating some rolls. Chubby babies are the best, I think. This was the first week that James and I went to the temple. It was refreshing to go after about a month of not going. We left Joseph with his grandma. By that week, I was also fully recovered from having Joseph, except for a stubborn 5 lbs that is still hanging around.

James's mom sure loves baby-sitting Joseph. I sure wish my mom were around so she could see him more. Something tells me that she really loves babies.

We celebrated Father's Day by taking Joseph to church with both his dad AND grandpa. (It's nice to have in-laws that live so close). James's dad gave a talk. I made James some steak and potatoes for lunch, while I had chicken. I mean, one whole pound of steak was the perfect amount for him! For presents, I got him a new long-sleeved shirt for church, some basketball shorts, and some candy. He asked for all those things, but hey, it's nice to get exactly what you ask for sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment