Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pain and Love

Having experienced some degree of pain, I think I can say I'd rather feel it myself than to see someone else suffering. Then, at least, I know I will make it through and don't have to worry about the other person. (Unless, of course, I worry about that person worrying about me, but that's a different story altogether!)

Joseph got his 2-month shots today. He seemed to be fine after a few minutes, but he's been downright cranky the rest of the day. Poor little guy. The cute, colorful Band-aids don't make up for how he feels right now. At least he has gone to sleep! Unfortunately, he cried quite a bit before that. I don't mind hearing him cry when he's hungry or tired...or bored because I've left the room. His little cry of pain is the absolute worst.

On the bright side, he wasn't crying for four hours like when we went to the ER. Also...he's not going to remember any of this! Too bad his mommy will...for a while, at least.

It makes me wonder how our Father in Heaven feels when we experience pain. I doubt our pain is any source of  pleasure to Him, whether self-inflicted or not. Sometimes we are like babies who need shots. It hurts at the time, but it's for our own good.

Still though...OUCH.

1 comment:

  1. My Dad took me to get my first shots. He said I looked right at him before I cried... after that my mom had to take all the kids to all their shots. Dad would not do it anymore.

    ReplyDelete