Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"What I do all day"

I guess it's not always clear what a mother does with her extra time. As a mother of one child (so far), I guess I do get a little bit of that. This is what I currently do, beyond taking care of Joseph's basic needs and keeping the house in order (laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc.).

I love to cook and bake. I try out new recipes fairly often. James especially loves baked goods. Most recently, I made some zucchini bread and strawberry-banana muffins (out of strawberry jam). He is trying to gain weight, and I'm trying to lose it, so most of this gets eaten by him. Sometimes I just can't resist, though...

James felt inspired to write his life history (about 40 pages written). I am working on typing that up so future generations will be able to read it. So far, I've done about 15 pages, because I'm not a very fast typist. When I finish his, I'm going to work on mine. I'm skipping straight to the typing, though. :)

I read. Of course that includes scriptures. I'm currently in 2 Nephi with Joseph. I read a chapter out loud to him every day. (It's not hard to do while he's eating.) I usually have a book that I'm reading for fun. Also, I read the Ensign. I never used to, but it's actually quite good. (Some articles can be a little weird, though, like ones about being single or a full-time missionary).

I do genealogy sometimes. I really have to be in the mood. Since I've done genealogy for about 10 years now, there just isn't as much for me to find as there used to be. That's why I'll be writing my personal history.

James also brings me crosswords from work. Yes, I know that only old people do those, but I quite enjoy them. Well, I guess I do genealogy too, so that doubly classifies me as "old". Oh well. I guess I won't have to make a lot of lifestyle changes when I actually am old!

When the weather is nice, I go walking with a group of ladies from my ward. They all have kids, so we look like a parade of strollers. We go to the park, and they let their kids play. Since Joseph is not quite old enough for that, I take a book or just sit and talk. I'm not a huge fan of exercise, but walking a mile is not too strenuous!

I guess that about covers it. It's elevensies for the little man, and he doesn't like to wait.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sacha! I found your blog from Facebook. ;) I love to cook too... we should exchange recipes sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! I have a box full...and then there are the things I like to make that I don't use a recipe for anymore!

    ReplyDelete