Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Home Again, Home Again, and off to Grandma's

The week after vacation is always a little crazy. We came home to quite a long to-do list and no food in the house. Joseph had his two-month appointment. He is now 23 inches long and almost 12 pounds! That's basically average, according to the charts.

We visited James's grandparents, who live about an hour away. It's always fun to go there. I especially love the cookie jar. :) James and I left Joseph with James's family and went to Green Canyon. It was my first time going to hot springs. It may be old and ghetto but the water was actually warm. I was quite excited about that. The lakes and rivers are so darn cold around here, too cold to swim in, if you ask me. Green Canyon is in the middle of nowhere, but it was really crowded. For anyone that lives around here, I totally recommend it. It's not terribly expensive. We got in for free with passes we got from the library summer reading program, but I would totally pay a little bit to go there. There's a hot tub too. I just can't believe that it's all natural heat from the earth. (Otherwise, it would be dang expensive to keep it open all year!) I think I'm going to hit up that hot tub again in the winter, as long as the road there isn't too treacherous. It's been known to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment