Monday, January 17, 2011

The Journal Jar!

As part of the Relief Society meeting last week, I received journal jar questions. Although I don't have them in a jar, I plan on answering one each time I blog. This should be fun! Some of them are pretty random. I will probably just go in order.

Describe your cooking skills as a bride. Give one of your husband's favorite recipes.

Cooking is one thing I've had lots of experience with, even before I was married. I took 2 years of culinary arts in high school, so I got to use a professional kitchen and actually study about different types of food. I think I've been a foodie ever since I was born. Mom says I was a greedy little eater from day one. I think I might still be...

Anyway, I've only burned a few things on accident because I was pregnant and forgetful. I got an excellent idea from James's aunt, Jenny, on making each day of the week a theme. These are ours: Monday: Italian, Tuesday: Asian, Wednesday: Soup, Thursday: Mexican, Friday: Casserole, Saturday: American, and Sunday: random or leftovers. It's so much fun. If I mix things up, I sometimes forget what day of the week it is! I've found favorite recipes for lots of things, so we have 6 weeks worth of meals that we rotate. We never get tired of any of our dinners. I just LOVE to cook.

James is always saying that certain things are his favorite, but I think his actual favorite is chicken and dumplings. We have two versions that we like.

http://sachasrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/10/chicken-stew-wcornbread-dumplings.html
http://sachasrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/11/chicken-and-dumplings.html

I hope to continue finding new recipes. Variety is what makes life interesting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment