Monday, January 17, 2011

The Perfect Winter Day

The perfect winter day must include certain elements for me. Most winter days don't fit this description. If they did, I'd make sure to live here permanently!

1. Waking up when the sun is up. Dark winter mornings are no fun at all!

2. Eating a nice, hot breakfast that includes hot chocolate.

3. No wind, but fresh snow that glitters in the sunlight.

4. Playing outside in the snow until it gets too cold (but not to the point of being miserable and wet.)

5. Drinking more hot chocolate with mini marshmallows.

6. Relaxing by a crackling fire and telling stories with family members.

7. Snuggling in a warm blanket after the said fire burns out.

8. Going to sleep in a nice, warm bed (but not too warm!) I actually like for it to be about 67-68 degrees inside, even in the winter.

Looking outside right now really makes me wish that spring were a little closer! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I have been craving hot chocolate like nobody's business all week, but we've been out of milk. I'm planning on making some ASAP after shopping today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree with all of that! Except I miss the rainy days in the winter south! Snow isn't bad, but when it stays forever it gets annoying! ;-)

    ReplyDelete