Friday, January 28, 2011

Lonely, I'm So Lonely

Okay, that's not exactly true. What I mean to say is that James has been gone a lot this week, especially the past two days. I didn't see him for 12 hours yesterday, and today's going to be the same. I've been hanging out downstairs and making sure that the Josephs get to play together. They sure adore each other, so that's pretty nice.
Is it mean that I think this face is so cute?

I did a few new things in the kitchen this week. We had gone to BRC's, the cute little custard place. They also happen to sell pretzel dogs. James suggested that I try making some at home so he could take them for lunch at school. Turns out that they're really easy and super cheap, much better than paying 3 bucks for one dog. They are also quite delicious and definitely won't last long! I also made some bagels. I think there's nothing better than a bagel fresh out of the oven. It's weird how similar the process is for making bagels and pretzels. My last experiment was with homemade cream of mushroom soup. It's not much cheaper because of the cost of mushrooms, but it's definitely MUCH healthier. I didn't love the taste by itself, but it worked great in the recipe I used it in.


I finished my first knitting project this week! It turned out not 100% square, but it will make an excellent swaddle blanket for my cousin Juliet's baby. It will also be nice and warm. I tried it out on Joseph, and he fits inside nice and snug. (My baby is growing up though. I don't swaddle him all the time anymore, and I think he's weaned himself from the paci. It makes me miss that little newborn!)

Even though the days are long sometimes, I'm glad that I have so much time for working on things. The more time I spend creating things, the more I love it. I really believe that we all have an innate desire to create things. There's a really good Mormon Message about that here. :)

2 comments:

  1. It was so good to see you yesterday! Little Joseph is so cute!It was fun to see our babies together! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretzel dogs sound delicious. We made lots of tamales over Christmas, so that's taking up most of the freezer room right now, but I'm going to have to start making other things for lunches. And congrats on your knitting. :) You are so cool!

    ReplyDelete