Monday, January 24, 2011

The Most Exciting Place I've Ever Been

The most exciting place I've ever been is to Quebec. Many people who've been to Canada say that it's a lot like the U.S. In Quebec, that's not exactly so.

First off, everyone speaks French. Not everybody speaks English very well, if they speak it at all. (I think most do, but why would they need to unless they go out of the province?)

The countryside is absolutely gorgeous with green, rolling hills as far as the eye can see. Even the city we visited, Montreal, seemed very clean and bright.

My ancestors from my dad's dad's side are from Quebec. We went to a small town that they were from, Wotton. Nobody's ever heard of it, I'm sure. But after everyone telling me that I spell my last name, Phenix, incorrectly, it's refreshing to go to a place where that's the only spelling.

This was a few years ago, so I don't remember too much. They have Wendy's. Instead of an apostrophe in "Wendy's", it's a maple leaf. The fries come in a cylindrical container that fits very well in the cup holder in a car.

I'd like to go visit again one day. After all, I do have a passport that I've never used. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment