Monday, January 24, 2011

Once Upon a Time...

Can there be a cuter baby? I think not!
...there was a little boy named Joseph. He was happy and lively and cute. One day, he got a bad cold and stopped sleeping for a week. His mom wondered if she would ever be sane again. Holding a coughing baby in the middle of the night was no fun for either of them, and she still had a sick husband who would start coughing once the baby was asleep.

One magical day, everyone got better. The mommy got sleep again, the baby got sleep again, and the husband got sleep again. They all lived happily ever after.

But that's not the end!

We had a really good weekend despite weird sleep schedules. We went to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It's been a few years since I read it, but I think they stuck to the book fairly well. I love those movies. They are so much better than the super old ones made by BBC where people are dressed up in costumes. Note to self, though: never eat a large popcorn and drink a large soda by myself. The result is feeling gross for the rest of the day.

We went to Kira Good's homecoming on Sunday, and that was great. It's weird to think that at her farewell we weren't quite married yet. (We got married 2 days after she went to the MTC.) She seems very happy to be home, well-adjusted, etc., and speaks awesome Spanish! We had some amazing food at her house afterward, and I ate way too much. Why I do that to myself, I'll never know.

It's a bright, sunny day even though it's about 10 degrees out right now. Funny, Myles doesn't seem to think that it's very cold in Rexburg. Well, I've been here for 4 years and I beg to differ. :)

Joseph is such a goofy kid. He's been incredibly happy during the day, even though he hasn't felt well. I'm so glad that he's better. He can finally sit up without toppling over (at least for a while!) He definitely knows that I'm "Mama" and will call for me when he wakes up. It's cute, but I could see myself getting annoyed by that after a few years...

He's still working on scooting. He can do it ineffectively by rolling, twisting, and reaching around backward to grab a toy. It's hilarious to watch. He still gets really excited by his reflection, too. I can't blame him. I'd be delighted by my reflection if I were that cute!

1 comment:

  1. One of my aunts used to teach her kids to kiss their reflection in the mirror... it was very funny.

    Glad you are all sleeping again! And I'm dying to see 'Dawn treader' - I think we are going to go see it once it's in the cheap theater. (Or is it already?)

    ReplyDelete