Sunday, May 29, 2011

Adventure is Out There!

What defines an adventure?

I used to think that adventure had to be far away: on a beautiful beach, in a place where no one speaks my language, a place that I have to eat weird food, or where they drive on the wrong side of the road. My whole life, I have dreamed about visiting a foreign country besides Canada, since I've already been there!

I felt that the money I'd saved up during college should be used for something else than a study abroad trip. I had paid my way through school but had enough leftover to do something like that if I'd wanted. I just didn't feel that it was the right thing to do with my money.

Since that time, James and I have enjoyed almost 2 years of marriage and tomorrow, it will be a year ago that we had our sweet little boy. Believe it or not, I'd rather be debt free than spending an awesome vacation in Italy. Raising a family is the real adventure that I've always dreamed about. Now, I get to live my dream every day! I think it's a pretty awesome dream, too. Memories of vacations fade, but my little family will last forever.

2 comments:

  1. Amen, sister! Mahon and I were just talking recently about how we didn't travel was an acceptable reason to go into debt. We both love traveling, but not enough to borrow money to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. I think it won't matter how much money we have; I will only be able to rationalize visiting family.

    ReplyDelete