Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Making History

I wonder how history books are written.

What will they put in history books 50 years from now? Sept. 11th is already in there, I know, but who decides what events are worth putting into a history book? And how do they decide how to sum up the world's most important events?

It makes me really glad to have scriptures. The events matter, but the interpretation and application are even more important to us. We don't know the whole history of the Jews or the Nephites, but we do know what lessons we should learn from them. Do history books really make that point? I don't know if I've ever read a history book that was life changing for me. The Book of Mormon was (and is). It influences my life every day. I guess that just proves that God and man are not equals when it comes to writing. But we've known that for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment