Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

cindybaldwinphotography.blogspot.com
I love Mother's Day. It's a great day for me: I get flowers and chocolate! (Real dark chocolate, too. It's 90 percent cocoa, so it has barely any sugar in it. ) Last year, I was 37 weeks pregnant, so it was a little annoying to be almost there, but not quite.

I never understood how much my mother did for me--or how much love she had for me--until I became a mother. I'm sure that I still don't know. My son is just under a year old, but my mother has had 23+ years to love me.

A mother's love starts long before the birth of her children. It starts in the very thought of those children that will one day come to her. I love my future children very dearly, though I don't know how many of them there will be, or if they're boys or girls, or what their names will be. They already exist and are waiting to come to me. They won't just randomly be created by some accident of nature. They are children of Heavenly Father, and it is up to me to provide the opportunity for them to come to this earth, just as my mother did willingly for me.

For your viewing pleasure:
me, as a baby with my parents. :)
I don't think I look like Joseph at all!
Motherhood is underappreciated. Women today fear becoming slaves to wiping noses or changing diapers. I'm here to say that it's not so. Motherhood is a sacrifice of sleep and sanity at times, but the rewards far outweigh the annoyances. (To deny that there are annoyances would just be naive.)

I love my little boy so much. He's growing up faster than I'd like. But I also have to admit that he gets cuter every day of his life, and I can't wait until all that babbling starts to make some sense.

So here's to all the moms and future moms in the world: we've got the best job. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment