Saturday, May 21, 2011

So It Begins...

Our food storage!

Yes, I gave in to the nagging thought in my head that I should really stop rationalizing and just go buy stuff. Since we lack a second freezer, we will not be getting a 3 month supply of meat, cheese, or frozen veggies. Other than that, everything can fit in the cupboard, as long as I use my space wisely! I took a trip to Walmart for non-food items today and was pleased at how inexpensive it turned out to be. Everything fit in the bathroom cabinet too, except for the toilet paper, which fits conveniently behind the bed.

My next shopping trip is going to be crazy. I'll be getting probably twice as much stuff as usual. I'm not even going to get everything for food storage at once, because I know that it won't fit in my shopping cart. Hopefully, though, after my next two trips, I will have everything! Then, I just plan on buying my normal amount of stuff and rotating it through. It shouldn't be too hard, even though I don't own a fancy can rack thingy.

So, here we go. Of course, we might be broke by next year, but we have always been taken care of in the past. We had no idea how we'd pay for Joseph, but we were able to without a problem. I know that it will be the same for getting a 3 month supply of food. The Lord always provides a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment