Saturday, May 14, 2011

Sweet

It's been a really sweet weekend. James and I went to the farmer's market yesterday and then swimming. It felt SO refreshing after all this hot weather! I'm such a wimp. In Florida, 80 degrees was spring weather, and it was actually humid there. Needless to say, I'm really glad to have a fan in the window!

We went to the temple today, and that was great. (Ice cream cones afterward were especially delicious.)

saying "cheese"
Joseph cut another tooth, so that makes 8. He's been a little fussy, but not bad. He's still sleeping with no trouble, but waking up pretty early, and I have no idea why. 5:45 just doesn't give him (or me) enough sleep. I'll figure it out though. He's doing really well with his bottle and cow's milk (Shh! Don't tell anyone!) His birthday is coming up in a little over 2 weeks. Where did the past year go? Is my little boy seriously almost 1? I can't believe it!

I've been faithful about exercising 5X a week, and guess what? In the last two months, I've lost 5 lbs. and almost 10 inches (though a few of those were just because of weaning Joseph.) Still, that makes me happy. I only really want to lose 5 more. I'm about 5 lbs. below my pre-preg weight with Joseph. My hope is that I can lost 5 more before I'm pregnant again...which I hope will be really soon! This body is not the same as before pregnancy, but I still like it. As long as I don't have to buy new clothes, I'm content. I still hate wearing a bathing suit, but I always have, and that will never change. I will admit, chubby thighs are really cute on Joseph. He must have gotten them from me! :)

A good weekend must always include good food. I made some egg rolls for lunch, and they were heavenly. Instead of freezing some as I'd planned, we have now eaten 11 of the 14 not-so-small egg rolls. But they're stuffed with veggies and chicken, so who cares? :) They are so addicting!

I organized Joseph's clothes, so I know exactly what I need to get him. Turns out that it's not much. His whole life, I've spent maybe 20 bucks on clothes. We've been so blessed to get his uncles's old clothes, so all I really need to buy him is a few summer outfits. Once winter is here again, he is set until he's 3.

He's awake! Time to go now.

*One more note: My cooking blog is getting bigger! Follow the link on the side if you're interested. James is such a great supporter. He reminds me to takes pictures of what I'm eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment