Friday, May 20, 2011

The Definition of Tedious...

...would be shopping. I don't mean grocery shopping, because I actually love doing that. I mean clothes shopping. For fun, and because I felt like it, here's my list of complaints about shopping for clothes and why buying food is so much more fun.

1. They're not all found in one place. You have to go to 3 (or more) stores to find what you're looking for sometimes.

2. Unlike groceries, there are no possibilities to dream up. I can make a million things out of pasta, but I can only wear a shirt as a shirt.

3. Deciding when you actually need them is very subjective. I know I need more food when I run out, but I don't know anyone who waits to "run out" of clothes...LOL.

4. You have to try them on. It's a great moment to come to something that fits, but everything before that is annoying to sort through.

5. Things are in season by months AND years. At least with food I can get anything I want all year round. But finding something besides pastels in the spring? Forget it, unless it's on clearance (which is actually quite a good thing.)

6. New clothes just aren't exciting after a month. Buying food is still exciting, because I'm probably cooking up something different, even if I buy the same ingredient(s) every time.

7. Pictures of anorexic models wearing the same shirt I'm about to buy. At the grocery store, I don't have to worry about seeing models seductively eating fresh pineapple, taunting me for not including that in my budget. Wait, that's probably because models don't believe in food. :)

Despite all that, I had a pretty good (late) birthday shopping trip and got 2 new shirts. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! You really are my soul sister. ;) #7 made me laugh out loud...

    ReplyDelete