Monday, May 9, 2011

What Brings Me Peace

Being a homemaker is a very peaceful job to have, even though it can be hectic. With 9 kids running around, I know that my mom still has a sense of peace. It's not so much "peace and quiet" but more of a "peace with the world."

Making a home is a science, an art, and a commandment. Whether there's just one child or nine, a home is a home because of loving parents, both earthly and heavenly. I enjoy the peace that comes from nurturing this home. I know that the days ahead will but much more crazy and confusing. There will be many more bills to pay, meals to cook, and gross diapers, but I will always have peace in knowing that I've contributed to this home  and family. I will contribute to society the most important fundamental: good children who will one day build and lead the next generation.

I love being here at home. I love being Joseph's favorite person in the world. I love cooking my meals from scratch and living in this tiny apartment. I don't love folding laundry, but I bet I will even tolerate that one day. Life is really good as a homemaker. I don't know why more women don't do it!

Another things I'm really grateful for is my health. I am amazed by how quickly the human body can repair itself, despite its limited, mortal state. Being sick is usually short and temporary. I don't care so much when I'm sick, but it's terrible to have a sick baby. I think the hard part is trying to take care of someone who can't tell you how he feels. But then things turn around, he starts sleeping again, and the illness is a thing of the past. I guess that's how most of life's trials are: short, seemingly horrible at the time, but not so much of a big deal later on. I'm glad to be here on this earth right now. It's a pretty nice place to be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment