Friday, September 17, 2010

It's Days Like This...

...that make me really appreciate the days when I sit at home and have nothing to do! Here's how it began. I woke up, got ready, cleaned the kitchen, fed Joseph, and prepared dinner while he was down for a nap. By then, it was time for James to come home for lunch. We had some wonderful leftovers, cleaned that up, and then I took him back to school. Joseph ate two more times in that time period. I think he's going though a growth spurt. Then, I went with Melodie to run some errands and watch the Homecoming parade for MHS. It was nice. I even got some free taffy, not feeling too weird as I ran into the road to grab it before it got run over by silly, screaming teenagers with spray-painted red and white faces, hair, cars...you name it. (As a side note, Sally Beauty Supply had a sign on the door proclaiming their lack of the aforementioned colors in spray-on hair dye. Lol.)
I'll admit it. I was really happy when this happened.

Joseph had had enough by this point, so he cried all the way home from getting some ice cream. G's Dairy Delights is just that...delightful. People can say all they want about custard and yogurt, but I think there's nothing better in the world than some good, thick ice cream.

I made some cookies to take up to Grandma's tomorrow, folded the laundry from earlier in the day, and sat down for a few minutes. Joseph woke up and ate again. That brings me up to the present. All I've got to do is cook the dinner, deliver it to a girl who just had a baby, eat my own, drop off Joseph, pick up James, and go to the temple with him! Hurray for ward temple night! I don't think the day could end better than that!

I really don't know what I'll do when I have more than one kid, either. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment