Monday, September 27, 2010

Dad's Visit

It's been really fun having Dad here. It's also really cool how the timing worked out. Dad had some meetings in Salt Lake for work, and Christian reports to the MTC this Wednesday. That meant a gap of 3 or so days that Dad could come visit us!

We had a nice dinner on Friday. Saturday, we hung out and had dinner at Ying Yang. It's pretty cheap for Chinese and pretty tasty too. Of course we had to get some dessert at G's Dairy. I love that place! Real ice cream is the stuff that you have to chew and can only eat about 4 ounces before you're full. The turtle cheesecake is my favorite!

I attended the Relief Society broadcast. I especially liked Pres. Monson's talk about judging others. As an example, he told the story about the lady who criticized her neighbor's dirty laundry when she was really looking through her own dirty windows! I'll admit it--my windows get pretty dirty. Sometimes I just want to shut the blinds and forget about ever cleaning them. :)

We watched a little bit of Bonanza. Talk about cheesy! Yet there's something really nice about those old shows. People are either good or bad. Maybe they can't act, but it's clearly defined that good guys are good and bad guys are bad. There's no flip-flopping or claiming that bad deeds are necessary in order to achieve a good purpose. Many TV shows on the air today have such twisted morals! They suck people in by starting off nice and relatively clean, but they get progressively darker and less wholesome. I hate that. That's why we don't watch TV. We've thought about hooking up our free cable, but it's just not going to happen. It's just not worth it to me.

Sunday was a nice day too. It was James's grandpa's birthday, so we had dinner at their house in Rigby. They gave us some apples, so I'm making an apple pie today. Dad and I are also making a trip to Wal-mart to get some junk food and eating dinner out tonight. It's been a few months since James and I ate somewhere "nice". It sure is fun to eat out, though I can't see why someone would do it all the time. I mean, wouldn't it lose its appeal and make you go broke after a while? Eating out for me means that I don't know how to make the dish at home. I do love figuring out how to make stuff that the restaurant can make. It usually saves a ton of money, and I can modify it to my taste.

It's been a good weekend. I can't believe that Christian reports this Wednesday to the MTC! He's going to be a great missionary, though. He has lots of great Gospel insights, many things that I've never thought about before. We sure will miss him, but we will also be glad to be getting Myles here in January. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment