Friday, October 1, 2010

A Good Week

This week started off a little crazy, but it's ended very well. Dad left us on Tuesday, so we got the house back in order and I went grocery shopping. We've been eating the junk food stash that he left with us. :) Too bad it's almost gone already...When it comes to Doritos, I have absolutely no willpower. They must contain some addicting ingredient. I just haven't figured out what that is yet.

James and I had the opportunity to go to the temple last night for sealings. It was great, as always. It always reminds me of the day we got married. I can't believe that it's been about 15 months now. I also can't believe that Joseph is 4 months old! He has changed in so many ways. He loves to grab things and can hold his head up when on his tummy. He has also learned how to squeal. It's the cutest thing! I think he's done with his most recent growth spurt (thank goodness), so I'm getting sleep again. Growth spurts are no fun, but I guess they're a necessary part of a baby's life. It drove me nuts to wake up 3 times during the night when he had started sleeping through the night. I can't complain. I really do have a good baby.

Yesterday was one of coincidences. James went to a meditation class on campus, so I decided to take a little walk to my old home, the Hinckley building. I ran into 2 former roommates (pretty much the only ones still here), a guy from my home stake, and James's best friend who just got off his mission on Wednesday. Considering that forum hour is when no one is actually on campus, I'm thinking that it was an inspired decision to take that walk. It was really great to see familiar faces. I'm already starting to feel out of place on campus. I don't have any more classes to take, and that's a strange thought.

I'm really looking forward to Conference this weekend. I hope that Christian gets the opportunity to go to the Conference center from the MTC. Who knows? It's weird to think that I won't see him for 2 years, that Joseph will be a toddler, and that I might even have another baby by then. I think it will go by pretty fast, though. Christian will be an excellent missionary--no doubt. Hopefully I remember to write!

1 comment: