Friday, October 29, 2010

There and Back Again & Baby Food

the goodies! (plus a cute hat for Joseph)
Thankfully, my in-laws returned safely from Ecuador around 2 on Thursday. They brought us some yummy goodies: real vanilla, cocoa, and these wonderful wafers with a Nutella-like filling. (They're gone already, of course.)

I made Joseph some baby food to freeze and used my food mill for the first time. It was so much fun! It reminds me of those Play doh toys where you squeeze the dough through to make hair, only you're doing it with food. I don't think I've seen many things that look nastier than mashed up peas. To make food for the whole week, all I had to do was cook one carrot, a handful of peas, and a half a cup of oatmeal. Total time: an hour. Cost? Well under a dollar. A good friend of mine recommended a wonderful website that has all the information that anyone could possibly need on making baby food. I'm so excited to save lots of money!


James in his new jersey and pants
By the way, the website is http://wholesomebabyfood.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment