Friday, October 1, 2010

Things Just Work Out

No, I don't mean working out in the exercise sense. I've been slacking in that department. I feel impressed to write about some of the tender mercies that I've experienced in my life recently and over the past few years.

I don't know how or why certain events happen in the way they do, but I'm glad for it. I never knew how much my life would be blessed by coming to BYU-I, but it has certainly been a wonderful 4 years. The Lord has been looking out for me all along.

James was one of the first people I met here. I'm grateful every day for the impression he's made on me, and I'm sure glad that I get to keep him forever. :)

I got a great education in a major I might not have picked, but I found my niche in teaching. Teaching others is what I really love to do, and going to school here made me realize my potential to be a teacher.

I was able to get my degree and have a baby only 2 months later. As much as I loved teaching, I was ready for Joseph to join our family. He is a blessing every day. As I sit here and watch him grab his feet and drool, I have to smile. He teaches me something every day.

We have been blessed with exactly what we need. I stay home with Joseph, so we live on a part-time job for most of the year while James works hard in school. The future is uncertain, but it's bright. Things tend to happen--ER visits, possible root canals, moving to a new apartment--and these things require faith. I am still amazed in the ways that the Lord provides for us.

I'm glad my parents taught me to work hard, pay tithing, and have faith. By always doing those three things, there's no way that we can ever go wrong.

Now, I have a diaper to change. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment